Amethyst crystals and stones are highly admired and globally popular for their stunning indigo hue and vibrations. Amethyst works to purify any space of negative vibrations, emanates higher energy, and creates a suitable place for one to come back to the source of his or her own power.
The metaphysical properties of Amethyst help to stimulate and soothe the mind and emotions. They bring calmness and clarity where there is anxiety and confusion. Amethyst is valuable for meditation and other spiritual exercises,as it quietens your mind and emotions, while keeping awareness sharp and focused. Amethyst is a stone that can be used for overworked, overstressed, or overwhelmed mental states.
As décor, Amethyst takes many different forms including geodes, cave, clusters, tumbled stone and touchstone. Amethyst is a gorgeous addition to your home and garden.
Amethyst Healing Properties
Amethyst metaphysical properties benefit you by:
- Increasing creativity and passion through the stimulation of your imagination and intuition. Amethyst crystals heighten your thinking process by helping you to digest new ideas to put these thoughts into meaningful action
- Amethyst increases mental focus and helps with clarity in thinking thereby accelerating decision making. This also improves self-esteem and self-impression.
- Enriching cognitive perception which has a profound impact on your emotional level to assist you in building the aptitude to recognise emotional patterns. This further strengthens your mental resilience.
- Amethyst healing properties help to relieve stress and anxiety. As Amethyst attracts positive energy, it helps to clear negative thought patterns.
- Accelerating the development of intuitive and psychic abilities.
- It is a protective stone and purifies negative energy. It is known to keep away energy vampires.
- Amethyst opens the third eye and crown chakras to alignsyou with divine wisdom. You have a sense of knowing that there is a deeper meaning of life and that there is an order that underlies all of existence.
- Amethyst helps to relax the mind and inspire a deep meditative state or sleep
In what situations is Amethyst quartz ideal for…
- Having trouble sleeping? Amethystis highly purifying tothe aura. Having a beautiful décor piece (Amethyst cluster or Amethyst Geode) on your bedside table or placing an Amethyst touchstone or tumble stone under your pillow, will aid in a number of sleep problems. Amethyst brings energy to your dreams, promotes deep sleep, and attunes your brain waves to the frequency of calm.
- Those in professions where negative or toxic energy is prevalent. This could be an employee in a corporate or business environment, where there is toxic cultural or political work atmosphere.
- Long considered the Artists stone, Amethyst quartz amplifies the channelling of creative energies to develop a stronger connection with their expression and intention, which will allow them to inspire the world around them with their visionary talents. This makes Amethyst a great stone to accompany the artistically inclined
- For travellers and journeywomen, Amethyst crystal jewellery provides protection when travelling in the unknown.
Amethyst Chakra and Balancing Energy
Amethyst resonates with and stimulates the Third Eye and Crown Chakras.
The third eye chakra is the centre of oversight, perception and wisdom necessary to understand existence beyond time and space. Our consciousness is located here, and we relate to ourselves through this chakra. Amethyst helps to balance our internal dialogue and provide awareness which allows us to see the healthy and vibrant people we really are. This will open us to new ideas, dreams, and visions, and can control the flow of energy within all the chakras.
The crown chakra is the energy centre within our bodies that is responsible for thought, awareness, wisdom, and our connection to the Divine. Located at the very top of the head, the crown chakra is our gateway to the expanded universe beyond our physical bodies. The crown chakra is associated with the colour violet and the pituitary gland within the brain. Amethyst crystals treat imbalances within the crown chakra. Their violet rays have the universal life force of magic, dreams, inspiration, and destiny. This chakra helps to regulate the energy of consciousness.
Amethyst is an exceptionally powerful stone with manifestation. We’ve listed a couple of ideas to help you:
Amethyst helps with meditation by settling the mind and reducing chatter. With a silent mind, we fall into deeper states of consciousness, which allows us to experience profound realisations.
To meditate with Amethyst, you can hold a tumbled stone in your hand or place one on your third eye. Otherwise, you can sit next to a large Amethyst geode.
Feng Shui Quadrants of your home
Amethyst crystal is used in Feng Shui for its purification qualities, along with its ability to connect to higher planes of energy. It can be used to cool the emotions in a home where there are excessive arguments and misunderstandings.
Amethyst is an excellent Feng Shui remedy for the following quadrants:
- Northeast (Spiritual Growth)
- Southeast (Wealth & Abundance)
- South (Fame and Reputation)
If you are going through an emotional time in your life, try pocketing an Amethyst tumbled stone, wear an Amethyst Ring or Necklace or have a couple in your car.